The Company provides services that allow registered users (hereinafter referred to as “the User” (singular) or “Users” (plural)) to gather information and post reviews about gins, and to purchase gins via a mobile application or third-party websites (hereinafter referred to as “the Services”).
Users may make partial use of the Platform without signing up, in which case; User data shall only be collected based on the User’s consent to Section 4. “Cookies”.
1. Data Controller
(1) The Company is a data controller that processes the User’s personal data.
2. Purpose and Legal Basis
The Company processes personal data based on the legal basis described below.
- The Company processes personal data and collects and uses information about the User in order to manage User-related information, and in particular to manage the User’s account and provide them with access to the Platform so that they can use the Services. The processing of such personal data is carried out on a legal basis by fulfilling the Company’s contractual obligations in providing the Platform to the User.
- The Company provides statistical information on reviews about gins by processing the User’s posts about gins. The free consent given to the Company by the User when registering for the Platform forms the legal basis for the processing of such personal data. However, the User may withdraw their consent at any time by deleting their account, after which the User’s reviews about gins will no longer be processed.
- The Company processes the User’s personal data in order to provide and improve the Platform, manage its business, improve the available content, develop new features and updates, and develop customized services for individuals and other kinds of services (including, but not limited to development and implementation of algorithms and machine learning). The Company processes the User’s personal data based on its legitimate interest in improving the Platform and the Services.
3. Categories of Personal Data Collected and Purpose of Use
- Data collected from the User when signing up:
- User information:
- User content:
When registering for the Platform, the User registers or signs in by logging in using a third-party application service such as Facebook. At that time, the User shall authorize the Company to access specific account information provided to that third-party application, such as basic profile information including their email address and password information. No information shall be disclosed except for information that the User permits the Company to make public.
JUNIPER collects information from the User when the User contacts the Company’s Customer Support Desk, sends data to identify gins through image recognition technology, sends their reviews about gins, or otherwise communicates with JUNIPER for any other purpose. The data collected by the Company may include feedback, photographs, or any other records collected by the User.
- Data collected from the User when using the Platform:
- Location information data:
JUNIPER collects precise location information or data concerning approximate location from the User’s mobile device, provided that the User has enabled such collection on their device. When the User permits the Company to collect location information on their device, the data is displayed on a world globe and a map in a manner that is not linked to personal information. Moreover, this location information may be used for analysis and other similar purposes.
- Data concerning the use of the Services:
JUNIPER collects data concerning the User’s use of the Services. This data includes, but not limited to, the date and time of access, the functions or pages of the App being browsed, crash information on the App, other activities performed on the system, and the type of browser used.
- Device data:
JUNIPER may collect data on devices used to access the Services. This data includes, but not limited to, hardware model, device IP address, operating system and version, software, language setting, unique device identifier, advertising identifier, serial number, device motion data, and mobile data network data.
- Location information data:
- Data collected from the User when purchasing gins through the Platform：
- Purchaser information:
When the User purchases products through the Platform, the products are purchased from a third-party website, not from JUNIPER. Therefore, when the User sends purchase order information to JUNIPER, the Company passes that information on to the operator of the third-party website selected by the User. The operator of such third-party website shall be an independent processor of the User’s personal data.
The Company collects and uses data to improve the reliability and convenience of the Services. The Company also collects data for the following purposes:
- To enhance safety and security of the User and the Services
- To provide customer support
- For research and development
- For cases involving legal procedures
- Purchaser information:
Cookies are small text files that are stored on computers, tablets, or mobile devices to allow websites to recognize the individual devices of returning visitors. Cookies contain such things as login information, preferred language, font size, and other settings, which allows websites to be customized to each visitor’s browser. Cookies contain text such as date numbers, but generally they do not include any personal data. Moreover, cookies are not computer programs, so they do not contain viruses. When a User accesses JUNIPER’s Website, JUNIPER collects the User’s information in order to identify their device. This information allows the Company to personalize and improve the content of the Website. The Company also collects statistical information (which is not personal information) with a view to offering Users the best possible service.
Users may change their browser settings to prevent cookies from being stored on their computers, tablets, or devices. Please note that in some cases Users may not be able to use all the functions of the Website without cookies.
5. Transfer of Data to Third Countries
In accordance with the Standard Contractual Clauses (SCC) adopted by the European Commission and the performance of the agreements between JUNIPER and its Users, JUNIPER may use a supplier outside the EU or EEA to process data on JUNIPER’s behalf.
6. Data Sharing
The Company will share the User’s personal data if required by law to do so.
(1) The User has the following rights:
- The User has the right to access their account at any time and to check the personal data that has been collected. Moreover, the User has the right to receive copies of their personal data free of charge. However, if requests for copies are repetitive or are considered by the Company to be ungrounded or excessive, a fee equivalent to the management cost for responding to each such request may be charged.
- The User has the right to request the correction of their personal data. The User’s personal data will be corrected and completed if it is inaccurate or incomplete. Also, the User has the right to update their personal data by accessing their account.
- The User has the right to request the erasure of their personal data. The User may delete any personal data that is being processed without just cause by JUNIPER.
- The User has the right to request that restrictions be placed on JUNIPER’s processing of their personal data.
- The User has the right to withdraw their consent to the Company’s processing of their personal data at any time by deleting their account through the App setting.
(2) Upon receipt of a request for access, correction, or erasure of personal data as listed in the previous paragraph, JUNIPER may verify the User’s identity and ask the User to provide the Company with additional information to ensure security of the data. In such case, the Company will send a request via https://juniper-app.com/.
(3) The User has the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority (in Japan, the data
protection authority listed below) regarding the processing of their personal data:
- Personal Information Commission
- Kasumigaseki Common Gate West Tower 32nd Floor, 3-2-1, Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-0013, Japan
- Telephone Number: +81-(0)3-6457-9680
- Email address: https://www.ppc.go.jp/
Notwithstanding the above, in the event of a complaint arising, the Company requests its Users to please contact JUNIPER first in order to give the Company an opportunity to resolve the complaint before it is taken to the supervisory authority.
8. Retention of Data and Deletion of Account
(1) JUNIPER shall retain the User’s personal data for as long as the User maintains their account. Moreover, even after the Company receives a request from the User to delete their account pursuant to the Paragraph (3) of this Section, the Company may retain some of the User’s personal data in order to comply with legal obligations or for other similar purposes.
(2) The User may add or update certain information in their account. However, when the information is updated, the Company may keep copies of the unrevised information for a certain period of time until the backup files are updated to the latest version.
(3) When the User deletes their account, the data attached to the account including the username will also be deleted. The User’s username will be removed from all reviews and their reviews will be anonymized for future viewing.
(4）After the User deletes their account, the Company may retain some of the User’s information in its records. Moreover, the Company may delete such information only when the backup files are updated.
The User’s account containing their personal data is protected by a password to ensure privacy and security. It is necessary for the User to protect their account and personal data from unauthorized access by choosing an appropriate password and maintaining its confidentiality. When the User signs in by using a third-party application, their password shall be solely managed by the operator of such third-party website.
JUNIPER promises to make its upmost efforts to prevent unauthorized use, loss, or alteration of the User’s account. However, there are a variety of scenarios in which the security of personal data may be impaired due to unauthorized input or use, hardware or software malfunctions, or other causes.
10. Children’s Privacy
The Platform is intended for use only by adults who have reached the minimum legal drinking age in the jurisdiction where the User resides. If the Company receives an alert, or reasonably determines that a person younger than the minimum legal drinking age has provided personal information to the Company, the Company shall promptly remove the account and all personal information provided by that person.
12. Questions or Concerns
- By mail: The Flying Circus Inc.
- 1-3-1, Higashi, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, 150-8010, Japan
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Company will make its best efforts to answer questions from Users and resolve any concerns.